I got done printing a small version of the big castle that I am trying to print at home for the second time. Even with the diminutive scale, the detail on the model was pretty incredible. I took it home for Cindy to paint which will surely be a delicate process, requiring more patience than I possess. I printed the miniature version on my Ender 2 printer that resides in my office.
I have been busy at work doing a lot of updates on our servers that have been in service for awhile. My main focus has been upgrading server OS versions. We had a number of servers still running Windows Server 2008R2. I have been trying to bring them all up to a minimum of Server 2012R2 and Server 2016 if possible. I have been doing in place upgrades which is not officially endorsed as the best way by Microsoft. They would prefer you set up a new server and then migrate.
Most of our server hardware is several years old but is still more than robust enough to fulfill their roles in the network. We actually have been reducing our physical server footprint for quite awhile. Between outsourcing applications to the cloud and virtualization, we probably have close to half of the amount of boxes that we once did.
Anyway, for the most part, the in place upgrades have gone smoothly. I have had a few head scratcher issues that I am still sorting out but nothing that I can’t work around. These are changes that I probably could have done awhile ago but the “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality definitely applies for me. I am not a big fan of upgrading for no reason other than incrementing a set of numbers.