I skipped running Friday night. My legs have been killing me from all of the body weight squats I have been doing as part of my lunch time calisthenics workouts. On Saturday morning I buzzed around in the morning taking care of the basics. Cindy has been busy during her time off working on the outdoor landscaping, relocating a bunch of stuff in a more pleasing way. The biggest task was pulling out a decent sized bird of paradise that was by the house which she did entirely by herself.
Saturday afternoon I arranged to meet up with Mickey, a well known EUC rider from NYC who came to Florida to stay with his sister to wait this mess out. We met at Ave Maria which was very quiet, even more so than normal. They went so far as to pull down the rims off the basketball courts so people would not be tempted to play together. We had a very long ride on a variety of wheels.
Early on Mickey and I did a high speed run while I was riding my MSX 100V. Mickey has ridden his wheels in excess of 40MPH and had challenged me awhile back to see if I could at least hit 37mph. It took a few attempts but I hit that number and then some, topping out at 38.6 MPH. Going on an electric unicycle at that speed is not for the weak of heart and after the experience I don’t find any sort of pressing desire to do it again. I was beat up and pooped by the end of the three+ hour riding experience. Mickey and I seemed to get along well, talking easily about a variety of subjects. It all made for a long but interesting video, if I do say so myself. I am hoping we can meet up for a swamp ride next.
Saturday night I had three White Claws backed up up by one of my few remaining Zima’s. The end result was some welcome laughter and silliness, something that is in short supply nowadays.
Sunday was a pretty quarantined day. I only headed out to grab a coffee and drop off some stand orders at the post office. Otherwise I was home all day working on stuff. Among those things was installing a Ring Pop Up cam on the chicken run to replace the old Ring doorbell that was out there. I then mounted the old doorbell on the east side of the house to give us some surveillance in that direction, which we never had.
For almost a month I have had my one Prusa printer set up on the fold up table in the middle of the hobby room as I repeatedly have tried to fix a problem with under extrusion. I have made multiple attempts, unsuccessfully, trying various fixes for the problems of varying difficulty. Yesterday I bit the bullet and committed mentally to replacing the entire hot end assembly, a tedious task that I spent close to two hours on. At least the end result of my efforts was the printer once again working normally. In this crazy time it’s nice to have some wins now and then to break up the looming and omnipresent negativity.